The Adventures Of Superboy (Tv Sequence)
The Adventures of Superboy is a collection of six-minute animated Superboy cartoons produced by Filmation that were broadcast on CBS between 1966 and 1969. The 34 segments appeared as part of three completely different applications during that point, packaged with related shorts featuring The new Adventures of Superman other DC Comics superheroes.
These adventures marked the animation debut of Superboy, as well as his teenage alter ego Clark Kent, who acted as the bespectacled, mild-mannered disguise for the young hero, Lana Lang, and Krypto the tremendous-powered dog who would accompany his grasp on each dangerous mission. Different characters such as Pa and Ma Kent, foster parents of the Boy of Steel, and the city of Smallville were additionally faithfully recreated from comedian book adventures. As a result of the production’s price range, the show featured a great amount of inventory animation as well as limited motion from the characters.
Each episode featured the Boy of Steel ducking out of high school and racing into action to battle a big selection of adversaries, from dognappers in “Krypto, Ok-9 Detective,” androids run amok in “The Revolt of Robotville,” and alien menaces in “The Spy from Outer House,” to another younger hero with similar powers in “Superboy Meets Mighty Lad,” and a slew of otherworldly monsters (“The Deep Sea Dragon,” “Customer from the Earth’s Core”). He even wound up being captured and efficiently having to fight a gang of small-time crooks—all whereas in his disguise as Clark Kent—in “The Gorilla Gang.” Most of the stories have been written by DC writers resembling Bob Haney and George Kashdan, whereas character designs have been based carefully upon the Superboy comic books of the time.
1 DVD and video releases
3 Episodes three.1 Season 1 (1966-1967)
3.2 Season 2 (1967-1968)
3.3 Season three (1968-1969)
DVD and video releases
In 1985, Warner Residence Video launched eight chosen episodes of the series on VHS in the “Tremendous Powers” video collection together with Aquaman, Batman, and Superman. These videos have been rereleased in 1996 and are out of print.
Although The brand new Adventures of Superman has been launched on DVD, the units don’t include the Superboy shorts because of a battle between Warner Bros. and the estate of Jerry Siegel over the rights to the “Superboy” title that occurred at the time. The collection stays unreleased to DVD.
Bob Hastings …. Superboy/Clark Kent (voice)
Janet Waldo …. Lana Lang (voice)
Ted Knight …. Narrator (voice)
Jackson Beck …. Introductory narrator (voice)
Season 1 (1966-1967)
The series premiered on September 10, 1966 as part of a 30-minute program named The new Adventures of Superman, featuring two Superman shorts with one Superboy section in between.
1. “The Spy From Outer Area” – Half 1 – Krypto encounters an alien spy who creates disasters on Earth as part of an invasion attempt.
2. “The Spy From Outer Area” – Half 2 – Superboy have to be rescued by Krypto when he follows the spy to his home planet and the system’s purple sun drains his powers.
Three. “Krypto’s Calamitous Capers” – A criminal scientist has created a sonic beam transmitter with which he may cause Krypto to turn belligerent.
4. “The Man Who Knew Superboy’s Secret” * – A man pretending to be from Krypton sets a trap for Superboy by promising the power to inject immunity from kryptonite.
5. “The Deep Sea Dragon” – A dragon whose egg is mistakenly taken batman vs superman t shirt walmart wikipedia by deep sea divers turns into violent until Superboy units things right – however the egg is later stolen by undersea pirates.
6. “Super Clown of Smallville” – A sickly billionaire vows to present away his fortune to charity if he will be made to snigger.
7. “The Customer from the Earth’s Core” – When Superboy drills to the Earth’s core, he finds a glowing black sphere that draws out a crystalloid being.
Eight. “The Beast that went Berzerk” – A scientist’s development serum makes a pygmy elephant into a giant beast; the scientist developed an antidote but his bitterly jealous assistant sabotages the experiment.
9. “Superboy’s Strangest Foe” – Two alien children trigger havoc on Earth via their innocent play.
10. “The Capricious Crony” – An undersea volcano releases an impish water being who causes havoc on stable floor.
11. “Krypto, Tremendous Seeing-Eye Dog” – When a Kryptonian area probe is discovered, it accommodates weapons, one of which unintentionally blinds Superboy.
12. “The Black Knight” – Clark Kent’s young pal Timmy (Lou Scheimer) finds a magician’s mantle that transports him again in time to the jousting fields of Camelot and King Arthur.
100% Cotton riddler logo with bats freigestellt Short Sleeve Custom Casual Children’s T-shirt Thirteen. “Operation Counter Invasion” – Superboy should convince three alien warriors that Earth is populated by metahumans.
14. “The Jinxed Circus” – Superboy should help a circus being sabotaged by the ringmaster’s former companion.
15. “Hurricane Fighters” – Superboy should work to stop a violent hurricane.
16. “Superboy’s Tremendous-Dilemma” – A scientist exams a kryptonite antidote on Superboy that does not work, however which he accidentally combined with plant growth serum that causes massive problems.
17. “A Satan of a Time” * – Spotting two criminals throughout a costume ball, Clark Kent decides to use his satan costume to masquerade as the true Lucifer.
18. “The Revolt of Robotville” – Robotville is an experimental metropolis controlled by machine beings, which immediately go on a rampage at the programming of the town’s evil predominant engineer.
– – Asterisk signifies episodes that do not comprise narration.
Season 2 (1967-1968)
The Superman/Aquaman Hour of Adventure was first broadcast on September 9, 1967. This 60-minute program included new Superboy batman vs superman t shirt walmart wikipedia and Superman segments, and adventures that includes Aquaman and his sidekick Aqualad. It also comprised a rotating series of ‘guest star’ cartoons that includes the Atom, the Flash and Child Flash, the Green Lantern, Hawkman and the Teen Titans (Speedy, Child Flash, Wonder Lady and Aqualad).
1. “The Beast With Two Faces” – A saurian beast rampages by a Central American village earlier than abruptly going docile, and the rationale why is exploited by a gang of thieves.
2. “The Gorilla Gang” – During a faculty exploration of a canyon, Clark Kent and Lana Lang are captured by fugitive gangster “Ape” Hanson and his mob.
3. “The Chameleon Creature” – In the jungle of Africa a mysterious mist transmutes an albino creature into any form.
Four. “The good House Race” – Superboy batman vs superman t shirt walmart wikipedia must assist a crew of interplanetary authorities (modeled after actor Barry Morse) pursue an evil scientist whose weaponry is inflicting disasters on Earth.
5. “Finger of Doom” – A scientist is irradiated by the power of a rogue star, turning him into an evil being with super vitality emanating from his palms.
6. “Krypto, K-9 Detective” – Dog thieves are on the rampage till Krypto, posing as an innocent canine, is captured.
7. “The Neanderthal Caveman Caper” – Four fugitives encounter an iceberg by which a caveman has been frozen in suspension and now is revived.
8. “The Terrible Trio” * – Three college bullies are taught a needed lesson from Superboy.
– – Asterisk indicates episode that does not include narration
Season three (1968-1969)
The Batman/Superman Hour premiered on September 14, 1968, that includes Superboy and Superman shorts alongside the adventures of Batman, Robin and Batgirl.
1. “Forget Me Not, Superdog” – Breaking up a meteor shower, Superboy and Krypto are struck by a kryptonite meteor, which provides Krypto amnesia.
2. “Superboy Meets Mighty Lad” – An alien youth has created superpowers implanted in a blue costume and begins exhibiting off on Earth.
Three. “King Superboy” – After destroying a fireball that bombards Earth, Superboy is hailed as a king by an alien civilization whose populace is held hostage by Chrystal individuals, the supply of the fireball.
Four. “Double Trouble, Double Doom” – Area authorities recruit Superboy to help them observe down a gang of pirates.
5. “The Entice of the Tremendous Spacemen” – Alien beings seize astronauts and drain their vitality into their warriors, and proceed to do the identical to Superboy.
6. “The Area Refugees” – Three vicious prospectors attack a pair of aliens who search only sanctuary in a mountain countryside.
7. “The Monster Molecule” – A Common Molecule is utilized in an experiment that goes unsuitable; a scientist is irradiated and Superboy should fly 1,000 years into the longer term, the place the Molecule will have grown to massive dimension.
8. “The nice Kryptonite Caper” – A gang hopes to make use of a kryptonite amulet in opposition to Superboy, however in trying to lure him into their lure they by accident detonate an underground oilfield – which causes them to lose the amulet, which is later found by Lana Lang.