God. noun. A central religious concept missing any agreed-upon definition by all involved.
1. Polytheists say there are a lot of Gods, as many as you like, into the thousands and thousands if you happen to want, maybe billions, one for every pair of human eyes. You could worship and adore all of the Gods.
2. Henotheists admit many Gods too, but you’ll solely have time to dedicate your self to one, and that’s okay because these will not be self-doubting, jealous Gods.
Three. Kat-henotheists also acknowledge many Gods, however it is best to dedicate yourself to a single God at a time, shifting from one God to a different God at different periods of your life, maybe the phases offered in As You Like it by Shakespeare’s intellectualist idler, Jaques, who espies seven phases of life, beginning with infancy and ending within the second childishness of outdated-aged senility, ‘sans teeth, sans eyes, sans style, sans every part.’ There are Gods aplenty for every stage.
4. Trinitarians affirm one God however this God is to be worshiped and adored in three individuals: Father, Son (Jesus), and Holy Ghost. To different monotheists like Jews, Muslims, Sikhs, Bahais and Caodais, trinitarian math is elusive (1+1+1=1) and inclined, by their view, to being labelled a petite polytheism of three distinct Gods. Trinitarians defend the unicity of the three.
5. Dualists acknowledge two Gods, one very superb and the opposite one very very Evil. The choice of two rests upon the world’s oscillation between beauty and ugliness, delight and dread, kindness and cruelty, irises and ebola viruses. As in case you wanted to be instructed, you need to adore the very superb God.
6. Monotheists declare there has only ever been one good God to worship and adore. Several distinct and opposing monotheistic religions claim this God and define him in many alternative ways, with many various hues.
7. Dystheists say there’s one God who is not really all that good, as steered by his creation of our predator-prey, red-in-tooth-and-claw, life-ingests-life, natural world. Was there another option whereby residing things may thrive? Adore this God with warning.
Eight. Pantheists state that God is identical to the various issues of the bodily, material world (i.e., every little thing), and while you adore the numerous issues of the fabric world (i.e., every thing) you adore God. The extensive world is your church, temple, mosque, synagogue.
9. Pan-en-theists claim that God is within the many things of the material world (i.e., all the things) however distinct from the various things of the fabric world (i.e., every thing). You may adore this God in your esteem for the material world (i.e., the whole lot), or adore this God as one thing above the material world (i.e., every thing).
10. Deists insist there’s one God who created the universe however thereafter took no interest in it. You do not adore this God as a result of this God cares nothing about you, either as a result of he does not know you exist, or as a result of he cares about you as a lot as he cares about the life of an oyster or a gnat (with due apologies to The World Parliament of Insects, Mollusks, & Affiliated Clam Culture).
Eleven. Daoists maintain that God is just not an individual at all but an impersonal Pressure that pervades the universe and could also be tapped-into by people but requires no adoration. (See Yoda and Obi-Wan Kenobi of the Star Wars mythos.)
12. Further-Terrrestrialists say that what humans have been calling ‘Gods’ are literally house-visiting galactic beings who used modest ingredients and measuring spoons to un-miraculously originate life on Earth and who thereafter vacationed in rural New Mexico.
Thirteen. Monists proclaim there is only one merchandise in existence: God. God is everything, every part is God, and all the things is just one factor, God. Selection is a delusion, and all the words we have for the many existent things are superfluous. Thin the dictionary to the letter ‘g’ and to the word ‘god.’ (Pantheism is different in that it admits the existence of many issues).
14. Anatheists say God can’t be rendered into any picture or concept, because the God that may be conceived is just not the real God. Mystics proffer this deity and claim to adore God immediately, that is, without the mediation of holy saints, holy buildings, holy worship providers, bells, books, candles, and even thoughts and words. Mystics declare their expertise of God is ineffable, and then they write a two-inch-thick e-book describing that experience.
15. Euhemerists say all Gods have been as soon as people who at some point achieved apotheosis (elevation to divinity). Adore the worthy ones.
Sixteen. Misotheists follow Prometheus and hate all Gods as a result of Gods are utterly overbearing, pompous, fats-witted despots, per Prometheus. Adoration is inapt.
17. Atheists find no persuasive arguments for God, no convincing idea of God on offer in six thousand years, and therefore they say there must be no Gods. (Some Buddhists could also be right here).
18. Agnostics remain unconvinced by every argument for God’s existence but want to withhold judgment as to whether or not God exists. Agnostics will not be any kind of believer in God and do not ‘hedge their guess’ by attending religious services or by praying–simply in case there’s a God.
19. Skeptics doubt, not only avowals about God, but in addition all claims to all data. A Skeptic might say, ‘You don’t even know if Charlemagne existed and you claim to know God exists?’
20. Ignostics advise us to give up the word ‘God,’ rub it from the world’s lexicons, and by no means utter it once more. Why? Because it has been proved, over many 1000’s of years, that humans are completely ignorant about what the phrase ‘God’ signifies, as established in our profound disagreements regarding God, evinced in this very roster of twenty.
Within every of those twenty construals are sub-construals. Quantity six alone shatters into numerous religions with scores of refined distinctions.